Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Wow, I guess I do design some ...

My husband has always bugged me about always following patterns. He tells me that with as long as I've been crafting I should make up my own patterns. I always scoffed, until I realized that I'm working on 2 blankets that are not in any pattern book. They are both gigantic modified dishcloths. In other words, I took a stitch pattern and ran with it. My beloved woven stitch that does such fun stuff with the pink camo yarn and also the Simply Soft variegated that I'm making the other blanket in. But seriously, it is a bit weird for me to think that no where out there did someone tell me to chain this many, do this stitch, and edge it this way. It's kinda cool.

Of course it has kind of sent my brain spinning. I have this plan to use my spare worsted weight cotton to make myself a kitchen rug. I have used a towel on the floor in front of the sink for ... 2 years now and I'm tired of it. I'm taking the natural cotton and mixing it with colors I have left over from the gigantic bag. It looks like one of those rectangular rag rugs in my head. We'll see what it looks like in real life.

And also my squiggle snake ... and recreating mom's squiggle clown. I've created a monster yet again, lol.

I'm off to attempt to cool off. I've been wanting to work on afghans, but it has been too stifling hot to do. I would work on knitting dishclothes, but it's so hot I get frustrated trying to purl. It's more work with my left hand than I am used to. I know I tension my yarn strangely when I crochet (in the fact that I don't really wrap it around my hand at all for tension, but I do when I attempt to knit, weird huh?).

All right ... of for coolness :)

No comments: