Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Life gets in the way

I've been bad lately. Haven't been to SnB in about 3 weeks due to Dragon*Con and DH coming home when I wasn't expecting him. I will most likely try to convince him that he wants to work on his novel for a few hours so I can sneak out. I feel like I've abandoned people and I'm craving some social time again. But that can be remedied fairly soon.

I have been keeping busy though. I started working on the pink camo afghan at home just to continue making progress (kind of miss the full skein per Saturday that I put on it at SnB), so that's continuing a pace.

I've also been working on the "airport" scarf. Which I have finally finished tonight. Woot! Behold the cable-y crocheted goodness.


It's an off white. I know it doesn't look like it. I sacrificed proper color for a decent pic of stitch definition. That and I took this photo at 10 pm. I like this pattern though. I may make another to work through some of the yarn I have hoarded. Although I keep thinking that if I added a line of front post double crochets (just a single one in the middle of the three single crochet that separate each cable) then I'd have a crocheted version of the Irish Hiking Scarf. Scary that I'm starting to think like this.

I'm currently on a yarn hunt. The shawl pattern I want to make is going to take something specialty and I need to swatch it out to have a hope in hell of coming close to yardage. Sigh. And the stuff I love the most is hand-painted in small batches (the Almaza here, I love this colorway. It's old-fashioned rose colors for a kind of cubist pattern of roses.) I'm also like the idea of perle cotton (I'd forgotten about this actually). The passion or tutti frutti colorway from here I think would look kinda gypsy-esque which is good for what I want. Why am I looking at laceweight cotton and tencel instead of wool or something? Because I want this for a costume, in Atlanta, at the end of August. Needs to be light. I may have to break down and get the perle cotton though. It will be the most economical I think (even though I love the other colorway).

But yeah, such is life while under the creativity stick. :)

No comments: