Thursday, September 13, 2007

Universe smacked me again ....

This time with the creative stick. I'm so blessed, but I feel so overwhelmed at the moment. My idea for the "great American novel" finally jelled in my head. I know how to get my characters into the pickle they need to be in for it to work. Joy! That has been kicking around for years now. Unfortunately, the muse hit me at work and I've been having a hard time concentrating, but writing out notes helped.

Second, after sitting for a couple of days in the podcasting track at Dragon*Con, I now want to make a podcast. A lifey, fibery, bloggy sort of thing. Now all I have to do is buy stuff and plan that. Hell, I already have the logo in my head. Which leads to ...

The shawl pattern I want to make. It is based on the logo of the podcast that I want to use. My favorite doodle, my cubist roses. I've been researching sock yarn colorways (and prices, ouchie!) to make that filet crochet shawl, just 'cause I wanted it for my costume for Dragon*Con next year :)

And also, the scarf I'm making. It occurred to me that the pattern could be easily modified to make a crochet version (at least kinda) of another well-loved scarf. Woot!

All of this has happened in the past few days. So no wonder I feel overwhelmed. And I forgot to mention that I'm editing my husband's novel at the moment. So busy ... must relax, but can't ... lol.

Off to do a bit more work before I'm out of here to obsess about my dentist appointment tomorrow morning (ugh).

No comments: