Monday, September 3, 2007

Atlanta -- Men in Kilts

I'm back from Dragoncon. For a girl who has never flown before the whole 4 planes in as many days thing is kind of dizzying. Unfortunately, I got paranoid about my carry on luggage. So I didn't pack my yarn. Sigh ... I was going to work on a 3 cabled crocheted scarf. Which would have been great since I spent a lot of time listening to the podcasting track of programming and had 4 hours to kill while my husband demo'ed a game. Oh well. Live and learn, especially with layovers at O'Hare.

But the truly horrible part is that I met a crocheter who was working on a Serafina shawl. The funny thing is that I recognized it from 7 feet away. I pissed off her husband by shanghaiing her to talk crafts, lol. Of course now we both kind of noticed the lack of crafts (besides costuming and 'bot building, both excellent pursuits), so I've been kicking around ways to remedy that. Lord help me I may start to podcast now, lol.

But my eyes are full, my brain is full, and my right ankle is the size of a baseball (not the best choice in shoes for walking between 3 hotels to see different things). I saw some gorgeous stuff (an Ent costume, gorgeous jewelry (my silver dream ter'angreal), a cavalcade of slave Leahs, and a totally awesome Jared from Labyrinth) and some truly horrifying things (mainly the male-pattern balding guy that had his hair in pigtails wearing a cheerleader outfit, one of the midriff baring ones). I also got my photo taken with Terry Moore as well as a couple of my Strangers in Paradise trade paperbacks signed. :D

There are tons of pics, but I don't have access yet, they are on my husband's camera. Next time I do this, I'm going to plan my luggage better, lol.

Okay, scarf time. I want this thing for the Red Scarf Project. :)

No comments: