Monday, October 8, 2007

And now ... even though it is a bit late ... an FO

Yeah. Not late at night, but I took these pictures on September 17th. Yeah. I'm on top of the downloading off of my camera, right, lol.

The pink camo blankie is done at last :) It turned out nicely with very few ruffles from the edging, which is always good.

Anyway, on to the visual proof :)

Here's the finished afghan on a queen-sized bed. Length pretty much goes across the width. The afghan is about 39" wide.


I hemmed and hawed about edgings. I was going to do a shell edging to kinda counteract the camo, but changed my mind. Crab stitch it is!


I think it turned out well though :) Now I get to start another incarnation of cabled scarf for myself (and to show at the art show at work I hope).

2 comments:

Laura said...

It looks great! I always have trouble with crab stitch; yours looks beautiful. I gotta get you to show me how to do that. :)

teesagypsy said...

I think everyone has trouble with crab stitch. It goes totally against the grain of what you normally do. So it's kind of zen, just have to put yourself in the mindset that it is going to feel weird and just roll with it.

Oh, and trust me, it took me a good half hour at least of "huh? you want me to do what?" the first time I did it, lol.