Thursday, October 11, 2007

Cables .... the new obsession

I've been wanting to make this pattern for forever. It comes out of the Encyclopedia of Crochet by Donna Kooler. It has a matching tam, but somehow I don't think it will fit my cranium (it's like Sputnik, at least where most hats are concerned). The yarn is Mary Maxim Mellowspun in medium willow. It's more of an olive green than this picture shows with little flecks of almost warm brown. I think it's really pretty and it has the added benefit of making my eyes look even greener, an effect that I like a lot :)



I really like how these cables are turning out. It looks complicated but it is actually fairly simple once you understand the concept. And believe it or not, I have the repeat memorized already. Which is a good thing, since I find the written instruction in the book a little hard to follow. And for me charts don't work so well unless I've copied them and can write on them.

Also, in other news, after about a year of ownership, I figured out my camera and how to make my cables actually show up. Hooray for messing with the settings and d'oh! for not thinking about it sooner.

No comments: