Sunday, October 21, 2007

Crochet Cable Scarf finished :)

Squee! It's done. I'm happy with how it turned out. Fortunately I listened to the little voice sitting next to me at the SnB group. I frogged a couple of repeats out of the scarf because I realized that, even though I love long scarves, knee length before the fringe was kind of silly. So now it falls to my knees with the fringe. I'm kind of restraining myself from starting another one instantaneously with another color of the failed Dr. Who scarf. But I think I'm going to do a basketweave one next. Don't worry, I'm not a scarf whore or anything. It will mostly likely get gifted or put in the charity shipment. No biggie.

I'm a bit of a process crocheter in case you couldn't tell. Of course, I'm being egged on a bit by the sheer giddy joy of removing myself from the "toilet paper cozy" crowd. Thank heavens. Sheesh. I had a bed doll when I was a kid. That was the closest I ever came to that. I've never understood the necessity for those and it pisses me off a bit that that is the first thing that people think of with crochet. Sigh. That's another soap box ... but now on to the pics.

I wanted nice arty front porch of my bungalow pics, unfortunately I lost the good light. I may try again tomorrow. For now, the couch with scarf.

This pic shows the color a bit better than the previous one. It's a bit washed out but it is close. I seriously love the cables. I want to mess around with other cable configurations now. I just need to get out my reference books. :)


Here's closeup of the edging. It is slipstitch with chain loops. A bit irritating and boring to do, but cute. It took more yarn than I thought as well. But worth it I think.



Man, I'm starting to miss Photoshop. I know, I know, it is extremely washed out, but at least you can see the chains.

I'm going back to Katie's wedding afghan tonight. Maybe the good mojo will return. But man am I going to have to stretch it out. I'm on the last row and then all I need to do is edge. Let's see if I can make it last a game. *fingers crossed*

7 comments:

Mary Heather said...

very pretty!

Unknown said...

Love the cabling! What pattern did you use?

teesagypsy said...

Thanks! It was the Twisted Cable Scarf by Kim Guzman from http://www.crochetkim.com/patterns/aran.html.

Hopefully you check back because I hate the no reply feature on here and there's no way to email you back.

abernath said...

Awesome! I looked at the Twisted Cable Scarf by Kim Guzman and yours looks very different, more beautiful. Could you send me and email and tell me what you did differently? How I've been looking for a pattern like the green scarf you've made! By the way, do you know of any crochet pattens for scarfs that show snowflakes perhaps in another color?

abernath said...

email: maggieabernathy@verizon.net
Please send me what you did differently from Kim Guzman's twisted Cable Scarf for this beautiful scarf you made.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Your version of Kim's cable scarf is much more interesting. What are chances that you'd write out how the instructions for your version and either post it or email it to me at alandkay@bellsouth.net. I noticed that you're an Obama supporter, therefore likely a good person who might help out. Well, that's pretty lame, I guess . . .

teesagypsy said...

Ack! ... I really and truly messed this up, it's from Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet, not Kim Guzman's pattern. Sorry to mislead you all ... :(