Monday, December 24, 2007

First half of holidays down

Went to my MIL's for dinner tonight. It went pretty well. I now know how to make twice-baked potatoes, which is kind of cool. I got to meet the new doggie who is very sweet. I also remembered how to smile my way through stuff that my husband's grandmother says.

I got there at about four. I had eaten breakfast, but not lunch since I was kind of in a fever pitch to get myself out and over to my in-laws. So I was chilling and hanging out. I had 1 cookie and 3 cubes of pumpernickel bread with spinach dip and my DH's grandmother makes the comment is "wow that girl can eat." For a second it took me right back to my maternal grandmother who used to put me on "diets" as a child and then proceed to stuff me as full of cookies and other stuff when my cousins were over. Go figure. But she hasn't been right for a while. The rest of it went well.

I just have my dad and grandmother tomorrow. That hopefully will go just as well.

Well, I'm off to watch Christmas Story at the moment. And work on a doily. Unfortunately the goddess afghan didn't get finished, but that's okay. I can leave it as a surprise for when they get back from their trip :)

2 comments:

Bethanie said...

Sounds like fun. I am really learning to ignore comments like the one from your DH's grandmother. Life is so short. I'm doing what I want to do and not worrying about how jealous other people get. :-)

teesagypsy said...

Yeah, me too. I just smiled through, it was okay.