Friday, November 23, 2007

Actual crochet content ... lol

I love it when you are racing against the end of your skein and win. It was actually a little over 12" I had left of the yarn when I finished the row of blocks, but that is getting really really tight when you are doing tunisian crochet. Teehee!

Small things amuse me, what can I say?

I'm making incredible time on this afghan. I think taking it to the coffeeshop is really helping (when I don't spill on it that is).

I'm thinking I want to make an afghan for MIL for the winter holidays (I'd say Hanukkah, but I probably won't get it finished by then, even with the 7 extra days and giving it to her on the final day and besides, she'll call it her Xmas present anyway). I started working on one particular ripple that I've liked for a long time (it has alternating chevrons of openwork in the ripples), but it it irritated the hell out of me the first time and this time wasn't any different. So, as boring as it will be, I think I'm going to do a plain ripple (single crochet in the back loop only, yes I am indeed crazy). I even found the yarn color I want. I had a hell of a time finding the dark dark green I've used in the past, but in looking for it I found Caron pounders in leaf green. More character to the green :D So yayness. Although even attempting to do this sounds dangerously like an exercise in futility.

No comments: