Sunday, November 11, 2007

Pleased with myself :)

So I managed to get through a dinner with my mom without any arguments. We came close, but only because she was convinced the restaurant was a family-style thing, which would have sucked. DH will eat very few vegetables and we try to avoid pork, so picking stuff out by committee had every feeling of a minefield. It was a buffet, thank goodness, and an excellent one. I got to give my mom a year's worth of presents, watch my husband corrupt a 12-year-old with sci-fi, and watch a grown man eat 2 plates of ice cream (not my DH, by the way, lol). It was worth driving to Smithville, even if we were grousing.

Crocheted snowflake creation continues apace. I would take a pic, but I'm starting to feel remiss for not working in my ends first, so there isn't one. Not to mention that I didn't realize there was a limit to the total amount of pics that can be posted for free on Blogger. Oh well. I'll link to Flickr when I run out.

I won the recording war today. DH wrote a flash fic and we were trying to record it. He was trying to direct me, which felt kind of stilted but didn't sound too bad. Then we listened to the playback and the way it sounded deleted so many IQ points it wasn't even funny. So he recorded it his way and I recorded it mine. He liked mine better. It's only a matter of time really before I start attempting to podcast for myself, lol. Then I can amaze/bore lots of people with the crochet stuff that I've taught myself over the years :)

So it has been a pretty productive weekend. Now I'm going to switch back to yarn for a while and work on the the afghan.

No comments: