Friday, November 9, 2007

It's November, you can't blame me :)

I've been thinking about doilies for a while now, but not really been in the mood to commit the time to the ones I love, which have a tendency to be huge. Although that would be helped if I didn't use size 10 thread when I'm supposed to use size 20, but these things happen, lol. Then I had a brainstorm. I do have a couple of books of fast doilies. So behold ....


My first snowflake in a couple of years. Totally unblocked, unstarched, and I haven't woven in the ends yet. But that's okay.

I mentioned making these to a coworker and she wanted to commission me. Only problem is, I can't promise that I can get a set amount done. I haven't done threadwork in, pretty much a year. I don't have problems with cotton dishclothes unless I'm really cranking on them, but damn, the little thread hurts the wrists somewhat. Also, snowflake patterns are usually made by word people. I love symbol crochet. You get such a better idea of exactly what's going on. And you won't get what happened to the other snowflake that I wanted to take a pic of. The instant I ripped it back, I figured out what I needed to do. Would have been so much faster with a diagram, but oh well. I can rebuild it, I have the technology :)

No comments: