Thursday, November 15, 2007

Family ... sigh

Warning: this is another navel gazing day with no crafting.

So I have a choice for Thanksgiving. I can go to my inlaws, see my BIL and SIL with my adorable nephew and get poked to produce a granddaughter so my MIL has a matched set; or I can go to my grandmother's to get poked about my parent's impending divorce. Actually forget the or. I have to do both and I'm not entirely happy about it.

Grandma's pisses me off because I can feel them wanting me to choose sides. Especially since the whole list making process of what my mom wants out of the house happened last weekend. It wasn't pretty from what she said. So we'll see.

My MIL's isn't that bad per se. But I'll be damned if I actually know how to deal with my nephew. I've never gotten past his baptism party where my MIL had to ask SIL's permission to hold her grandson. Never mind that my SIL's sisters were toting the kid everywhere. I know she hates us all, but damn. Sigh. I know, it's whiny.

Well, it's the busy season, I should actually get some of the work I brought home done now.

No comments: