Friday, November 2, 2007

At last ... it has arrived

I have come to love CEI some days. About 2 o'clock this afternoon, we heard the characteristic sound of the HVAC shutting off which means, power outage! Anyone who has been in this building for any period of time recognizes the sound of silence that comes along with it, but the interns were confused, lol. So, silly that I am, I hung out and did a little bit of cleaning up only to have ... the power come back on before I was planning to leave. Oh well.

At least it is now the weekend and DH's laptop is now here finally. Yay! He was calling me twice a day to ask if it was here yet. And he's passing through town again this weekend so we may actually be able to get him all set up :) ... yayness!

Oooh and during the power outage, the swag box from the conference arrived. There was a really nice tote there, but I just recently bought the new knitting bag and there are not many that I know who'd carry a tote with a logo from a law firm on it. I got this little Korean box. Very pretty black box with an inlaid mother of pearl like pattern on the top. Looks like it was meant to hold a deck of cards, but I may use it to corral my jewelry from the kitties.

I'm feeling deliriously tired right now. I shouldn't considering how much I slept, but it was really broken sleep (a protesting stomache will do that to you). I think I'm off to crochet for a bit ... afghan ahoy!

No comments: